TikTok supports native emojis on all platforms which can be inserted with the system-wide emoji keyboard. Some commonly used emojis in comments TikTok include:
- ✨ Sparkles: emphasis on a point. May be used as an alternative to italics.
- 🤡 Clown Face: describing someone selfish or unintelligent
- 🎂 Birthday Cake: alternative to 🍑 Peach when referring to buttocks (eg ‘nice 🎂’)
- 💀 Skull: figurative ‘I’m dead‘ (I found this very funny, an alternative to 😂 Face with Tears of Joy)
- 👁👄👁: I am observing and somewhat engrossed in this content
- 🧍 Person Standing: Standing awkwardly. “I don’t know what I just watched” and/or mimicking a passer-by in a video
- 🥺👉👈: Shy or bashful; available as a hidden TikTok emote using the shortcode [wronged]
These uses aren’t considered universal, and may also be found on other platforms. More about emoji use on TikTok or NSFW emoji meanings.
These ‘secret’ TikTok emoji codes work on both iOS and Android versions of the TikTok app, appearing as a shortname wrapped in square brackets. For example typing [loveface] inserts a custom emoticon which looks similar to the 😍 Smiling Face With Heart-Eyes emoji.
Type or copy and paste the codes below to display the graphics as displayed below.
Unlike native system emojis which appear with designs from Apple, Google or Microsoft (depending on the platform being used), TikTok’s hidden emoji list uses the same visual style on all operating systems, from all manufacturers.